Committees and board responsibilities
Note: This is based on some data from 1999.
Charis Singer Committees and Subcommittees
- Concert Space (two people)
These two people would be the primary contact for the concert space. It's probably important to have a single point of contact to avoid confusion on both our part and theirs.
- finding space and following through with all necessary paperwork and contacts;
- confirming space and securing it with any required payments;
- scheduling of dress rehearsals and pre-concert rehearsal, in conjunciton with music director;
- defining room requirements (kitchen, reception area, dressing rooms and warm-up room)
- confirming all arrangements with the sexton or responsible person;
- obtaining key to concert space, if possible (provides flexibility)
- coordinating buffet space and requirements (tables, refrigerator, trash receptacles, etc.).
- Concert Logistics (8 People)
- Furniture / Equipment (risers, chairs, music stands, podium, tuning forks, trash cans, extension cords, etc.): ne Person
- Care and feeding of instrumentalists / soloists / ringers (directions, music, instrument transportation / storage / tuning):
- Ushering / Ticket Collection:
- Hospitality / Reception:
- Program (layout and printing): Program Notes require research and are time consuming to prepare. They are therefore listed as a separate issue.
- Program Notes
- Flyer (design and printing)
- Miscellaneous (directions to concert and rehearsal locations if not at Dobbs, page turner (dress rehearsal and concert)
- Publicity (2-3 People)
- Tickets (Design and printing)
- Database Management
- Preparation of Press Release
- Distribution of press releases
- Preparation and analysis of "wine raffle" tickets
- Fund Raising (2-3 people)
- Music (5-6 people)
Even though this committee handles long-range issues, it's still a time commitment.
In addition, there are issues that need to be handled at the board level:
- Run Board Meetings, Announcements
- Supervise all other board/committee work
- Concert Dress
- Dates / TImes of extra rehearsals, including dress rehearsal (in conjunction with concert space, since the space may not be available.)
- Updating of web site
- Review of all requirements for concert production to ensure they are completed on schedule.
- Minutes of Board meetings
- Publish & distribute newsletters, announcements, rosters
- Concert and Rehearsal Schedule
- Roster & Abscences Schedule
- Manage finances
- Ensure compliance with all IRS regulations (1099 forms, etc.)
- Music Director
- Selection of Music
- Title / sub-title / and brief description of concert program;
- Selection of Instrumentalists, Soloists,and Ringers, if required
- Selection of paper for flyer and program
- Distribution of names, addresses, telephone numbers of Instrumentalists, Soloists, and Ringers to President.
- Notification to treasurer of fee for instrumentalists, soloists, and ringers
- Review and update group description on program
- Review and update director's biographical information
- Ordering and distribution of music to choir members;
- Concert music for soloists, ringers, instrumentalists, including special instrumental parts, if required;
- Collection and storage of music.